Blogger Widgets

Monday 18 March 2013

DIY - How to make a cute headband

GOOGLE READER IS SHUTTING DOWN, FOLLOW ME ON THE FOLLOWING TO STAY UPDATED ! PROVIDE YOUR LINK BELOW ONCE YOU ARE DONE SO I CAN FOLLOW BACK :D

FACEBOOK                  BLOGLOVIN              TWITTER

Hi girls !!! I was in claires the other day and saw that,  the cute lacy head bands were not less that INR 600-800 :0
I mean...I know its claires but the skyrocketing price made me think of this DIY idea where I show you how to make your own lacy, girly cute headband at a very affordable price....I also incorporated the oxblood trend in my headband...you will see how...

Lets get started !!!


WHAT YOU NEED

1. Any lace material of your choice...I took this blingy lace
2. any old headband which you don't use anymore
3. an oxblood velvet material roll
5. a pair of scissors
6. super glue/fevistick/fabric glue. I am using shoe fix because its very strong


STEP - 1

Measure the lace you require for the headband to completely cover it up and cut it with your scissors


STEP 2

 Now apply glue on the headband and cover it entirely with lace.



STEP 3

Now take a small portion of your red velvet lace and do a fold like this.


STEP 4 

Stick this on the headband, wherever you want the bow to be


STEP 5

Now do the same and stick it on the opposite end of the above bow part


STEP 6

Now the last part is to fold a small part of the oxblood lace and stick it on the middle of the above bow.


and your headband is ready !!!:D



This is very simple and easy to do and does not take more than 10 minutes..

This is how I wore it today when I went to the mall



I hope you like this easy DIY 

do share your feedback in the comments below

xoxo prayati

12 comments:

  1. Aww that so cute.. and you too prayati.:)
    I just love doing DIY. keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you niesha....I love diy too..i am still learning :)

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    So cute. Hairband and Prayati both looks very cute...Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute and easy, thanks for the visit and for follow my blog, i have followed you back with gfc, facebook and bloglovin !
    xoxo

    www.descontraidas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww lovely Tut Honey..that looks very pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats really cute, you are creative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot sadee...glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  6. So cute . the headband and your expression

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely diy dear..love your blog...
    rubi-simplyyou.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

please post a comment or suggestion and make my day... and don't forget to check back to see my reply :)
PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS UNDER "ANONYMOUS" THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED